Things of beauty...

Thankfully it's Friday! This week has seen a flurry of appointments for me; taking me from one thing to the next, the week has flown by. It seems the more time I have, the more I fill it. It was my husband's birthday mid-week and poor thing had to leave the house at 5.30am to go to London, so no traditional family birthday-present-unwrapping for him. The children missed him completely and he's been away since. Looking forward to his homecoming later and a night out with friends. I am much in need of some friend time; I feel I am literally submerged in domestics at the moment. Yet again I realise afresh how much work full time motherhood is. Maybe a relaxed latte with work colleagues seems rather enticing afterall ;-)

The poignancy of blogging struck me this week when I saw that one of my first ever followers, Vibeke has very sadly passed away. Even in the short time I have written my blog, I have made genuine friends and as the months passed I noticed Vibeke was commenting less, posting rarely. It's always such a shock to read bad news on a blog; it's with such sadness as I absorb the passing of blogging friends. It feels like we've lost one of our own. I know there are many that remember Lisa in the same way.

And so to things of beauty...an autumnal feel as the season finally turns for good. I had the Rayburn fire lit this week so the kitchen is now toasty for the puppy. He seems quite pleased. Have a lovely weekend...

...an arch-browed Kate Moss, photograph by Mario Testino for UK Vogue



I'm really feeling this at the moment - I have some old friends who I feel I have not seen lately...we have scheduled a date in November!

chairs that I love....via molin y molinette



photograph by aaron delesie



photograph by trevor hoehne



LOVE the boats....photograph by Simon Brown

'...wrapped up with string, these are a few of my favourite things!' Boo has been singing this for her play audition...

via inspired joyful chaos




...ohh Olivia P...would you mind being me for a day, so I could be you?

order makes me happy...jars via 79 ideas


I get my longed-for nights out this weekend...
two of them! 
On with the heels and dress!


Share on :
Things of beauty...
Things of beauty...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5