What a difference a week makes...

Seems like overnight things went from lovely to downright hard. As if I could have prophesied it, the moment I took my eye off the ball - the ball dropped. In a matter of days!

via crush cul de sac
My youngest is having a hard time at school. We made a choice to move schools last year in the hope that stepping up a gear would give him better opportunities and in summary, if I were to critique that decision; it's been hard. I have times when I want to run back to the cosy, undemanding school he left with my tail between my legs. So much for social climbing.

It's not that it's bad for him, it's just that his little life has become more complex, more competitive, more challenging than it used to be. And he's seven. Surely when you're seven, life shouldn't be those things? I fear that my ability to help him is dwindling with each day of work that I do. I know now - as I have seen both sides of the working mother/stay-at-home mother viewpoint - that there is only so much of me to go around. The working mother simply can not be there to cover every base and soothe every hardship.

I am tired and emotional. And feeling...already...guilty. Is this a reaction? Will this pass? I don't want to welcome back the turmoil that I left behind before. Words of wisdom...are you there?




Share on :
What a difference a week makes...
What a difference a week makes...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5