Just chatting to you...

How did it get to be Friday already? I've been flying solo all week; my husband flew in from South Africa early this morning so I am contented that we have a family weekend ahead of us. I spent two days this week lolling about at home, with hardly the energy to do anything. Most unlike me. I watched (twice) the new season's episode of 'Girls' with which I am mildly obsessed. Here, let me say it: I want to write like Lena Dunham. Me and the rest of the world, I'm sure. Type, delete, type, delete.


I pondered the three pages (yes three) of my to do list and wanted to throw it in the bin. I just can't get it together to get stuff done, even though I know if I do I will feel a million times better. I went to the gym - which is new for me. The gym is like an anthropological experiment; especially in January when everyone has turned over a new, gym-bunny leaf. It was good, I liked it, but there is still nothing like yoga or going for a run outside. Sadly, the rain here means that going outside is grim. Roll on Spring.


I bought some Chelsea boots (shhhhhh!). I had a thorny conversation with my daughter about posting appropriate pictures on Instagram. I figure: I just have to keep pointing out right and wrong until it sinks in to her school/friend-addled brain. I attempted to remember the learning points of 'Macbeth', which she is reading in English. I tried to work out why my son has woken in the night three times this week; I am out of practise with these night-wakings and as a result have that deep sea diver tiredness the next day. The puppy got groomed and now looks like a dog/piglet. There are still fairy lights hung in our porch from Christmas - we just don't switch them on anymore. I cooked Jerusalem Artichokes - hmmm, not convinced. I have stopped eating chocolate and have concluded that there is just no substitute. Every day I think about chocolate and every day I don't have it. Will power test.


I've thought a lot about summer holidays and have spent an inordinate amount of time googling destinations. We will return to America this year, which I am really excited about. There is something about returning to your childhood haunts that is lovely. I thought about what this blog is to me and how some weeks I have plenty to say and others I don't...but that's OK.

Thank goodness it's Friday :-) Have a happy weekend.

...all images via they all hate us

Share on :
Just chatting to you...
Just chatting to you...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5