Wanted...

I lead a charmed life and you must take this with the tongue-in-cheek meaning in which it is intended, but, I would like:

A flippy, fluted, silk, Isabel Marant-style skirt (without the price tag) in dove grey. Or black or navy. When sipping coffee with my friend Amanda in a swanky hotel, a girl/woman (in her 20's; that does make her somewhere in between?) walked past . She was wearing a skirt like this twinned with winter wool and it caught my eye. I have been searching ever since. This one comes close. I just can't find it for less than £100. I have this threshold with shopping; I can't spend crazy money on one item. No matter how many cost-per-wear maths justifications I do.


Ditto some age-appropriate leather leggings. Again it seems that astronomic cost is the requirement here. I'm thinking Elle Macpherson in a particularly rock-n-roll school run day. Tricky territory though. Might park that one...

I would like some best friends who are free on those empty Sunday afternoons when you have nothing to do and the kids are driving you nuts and you want to just go somewhere that will simultaneously pacify the off-spring and provide us with entertainment (and wine). I want some at-a-moment's-notice friends who are free for fun. My friends and I; we arrange stuff six months in advance. Spontaneity: zero.

I would like to go to power yoga and feel that I can (in a room of 30 people) actually do the poses without feeling like I am going to i) pass out ii) get such a dramatic leg shake that I fall over and iii) internally combust. I went last night. All three of the above were the case.

I want to have a successful conversation with the school mums I don't know very well, where I don't come away thinking: ugh did I really say that??! I have this habit of just saying what pops into my head. Wretched, usually controversial. Beyond quirky. God knows what they think of me.

I would like to be like Iris Apfel when I am 93 years old. How cool is she? I think glasses are the answer. Stylish old ladies rock.

I want my daughter to recognise the time to step back and put her phone down. This time usually coincides with when her friends get hooked on the drama of whatever the day's event is (he talked to her, she talked to him, she wore what? she has a spot, he said/she said/he said/she said).

I'd like a holiday home in Naples, Florida. Ideally on Eighth Avenue, a block from the beach. Then I'd like to have a leisurely lunch in Tommy Bahamas with berry majitos. Even better if this is with afore-mentioned available friends.

I want my newly renovated house (when it is done) to have that cool, undone-but-done feel that features so heavily on my Pinterest home board.

I would like it if people who read this commented with what they want!!! :-)




Share on :
Wanted...
Wanted...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5