Blending...

Before the Apothecary entered my life, most of my creative impulses were channelled into this blog; if I felt the need to write, I'd write. Now I feel like every creative urge is going into the new business (just so many things to think of!) and the blog is suffering as a result.

Recent days spent mixing blends of lavender and bergamot, the house wafting of scent. Filling and lining up little bottles, gazing at them in the hope that one day soon they will sell! Not yet ready to launch; you know how I have that perfectionist problem? Well, turns out it applies to this too. Quelles surprise.

via my very talented friend Natasha at beautifully suddenly
Easter was spent in a chocolate daze, seeing friends and family and marvelling at the British weather when the sun shined, cursing it when it didn't. Today it's raining. Bank Holiday Monday wouldn't be the same without rain.

I wanted to write about an anonymous comment that I received. One where I wish I had known the commenter so I could write back to her and talk about it. It was one of those comments that leaves a blogger feeling humbled and slightly shame-faced for not having thought of the feelings she might injure in her writing. Well, not injure exactly; more like provoke.

The comment was in response to an assertion I'd made: that my husband loosing his job was the best thing that could have happened to us. Her view was that whilst for us it could be that way; when her husband lost his job, it had and still has, a real impact on his soul. Finding work is hard, money is tight. The future unclear. Here is where I felt shame-faced. I accept that so much of what is presented here is sunny-side-up; that we revel in a lucky, pretty life, protected from some of the harsh realities that are out there.

via beautifully suddenly
So I wanted to say...I completely understand; I have enormous empathy for a comment like that, which was not in any way meant with malice. It's just a fact; what is good for some, causes pain for others and I wish it weren't that way...

That's all I can say...xxx

Share on :
Blending...
Blending...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5