The track...

My nation are collectively howling about the weather; the injustice of a crappy summer last year, a cold winter and now: SNOW IN SPRING! We are not amused. Especially those of us who are holed up at home, who were too busy to make proper Easter holiday plans for their kids. Nothing worse that trawling around for play-dates like some sort of social pariah. Some holidays and weekends I have boundless energy to head out and live life with my kids; make interesting visits and expand their horizons. Be that sort of parent, who is always ready to go with something cool and fun. This holiday - not so much. I feel like I have been hit by an energy-sapping bus and really just want to curl up and read a book. Not very conducive to children's entertainment. So - there is a lot of TV happening in our house and I am trying not to be sorry. Having spent last week whooshing down mountains, they are just going to have to live with it!

Meanwhile, something has happened. Long-term readers will know that for a few years I have suffered with pain in my teeth and jaw that could not be explained or cured. It's been the thorn in my side for so long that I started to feel I was facing adversity every single day just living with it. I devoted myself to getting well again and it took a really, really long time, extensive physiotherapy, daily yoga, lessons in posture, stress-release etc. And it did, in recent months start to wane so completely that I did glimpse a bright light at the end of the very long tunnel.


And so to now - I started to get tooth pain in another place about a month or so ago. Various dental procedures revealed that there was again no indication of what was causing the pain, yet nevertheless the pain continued and does so now. I am crestfallen. Despondent. Sad. Frustrated. Living with pain eats away like nothing I have ever known.

So - there it is. I have another journey to go on to deal with this pain and so maybe that is why mustering any energy at this point in time seems like an enormous challenge. And maybe that is why posts dating from here have taken a distinctly worried characteristic.

In blogging, truth must prevail - as that I think is why people read along. I grapple with the fact that this blog is also representative of my little business and really, when buying beauty products, do people really want to read about my life? I conclude this: the blog came first, as did the support I get from it. Also, my brand is an extension of me, so this is all part and parcel of it. I hope that's OK.

Already my stalwart commenters have left me advice along the lines of 'don't be too hard on yourself' and such like, and I appreciate that enormously. Of course they are right and the same is being said by my friends and family. I am going to get myself back on track, I know the route, I just need to start walking.

Share on :
The track...
The track...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5