Updates...

My friend Natalie and I - we have this generic title for our need to speak very often each week (even each day) - we call it 'updates'. Many an email subject heading and first word on a telephone call. It's time for updates. I am about to set off to the Middle East for a holiday but in the meantime I didn't want to leave you in the lurch.


In a twist of irony, the laptop I use for work has decided to only function if I am sitting in my corporate office, plugged in with an actual cable. Working at home = no. Using the marvels of modern technology to start work at 7am in your pyjamas: nope. None of that. So I am doing it circa 1990 and trekking to the office on every work day and having to get everything done in the knowledge that there is no 'checking my email later'. It's a challenge. And an irony given I work for one of the biggest and most well-known technology companies in the world.

via cape cod collegiate
After the trials of joining running club last week, this week Boo has wanted to go to every session. So as I said I would, we are. This means frantic evenings of late meals, missed homework and hefty glasses of wine once they are finally in bed. But she gets to run and I watch her in the evening sunlight with her ponytail flying in the wind and I figure - she loves to run. She should run.

In preparation for the Dubai trip - last minute shopping - some of which was a hit; some of which was a miss. I realise my wardrobe is confined to school runs, occasional nights out in temperate climates and not enough shoes. The prospect of going to a place where it is 39 degrees (I checked today) and where fabrics such as silk can be worn, is a heady one.

via cape cod collegiate
A thing I have learned this week: sometimes you have to let go.

Other things I have learned this week: it's revision time and my recollection of high school geography has lasted; oxbow lake anyone? Definition of a meander? Ask me...

The lovely lady who is teaching me the Alexander Technique - God bless her tenacity at sticking with me - has told me to spread my fingers. It seems I spend most of my time with my hands bunched in fists. One to ponder...

I see the news and I am unsure what to think about the world we live in.

I think about rekindling friendships and honesty and habit.

I got rid of the split ends and I had the pedicure; my toenails are 'Rococo Red'.

I look forward to the sun on my skin.

Ahhh the joy of updates!



Share on :
Updates...
Updates...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5