Getting it together...

I have found myself struggling all week to write a blog post. I have dilly-dallied for days and find that I can hardly form a sentence that makes sense. I think: my poor neglected readers who, touchingly, have come through lately (as they always do) with comments and recommendations.

I admit I've always had a faddish quality...I'm the one to embrace the 'latest thing'. Those who know me well probably roll their eyes as I decide I am going to adopt whatever is today's de rigueur thing. As it stands, this past week, the enormity of having no vocation has hit me...and I have to say: it's lovely! I confess, I have spent more than one afternoon lying flat out in the sun on our new trampoline, which I have decided is the perfect place to read a book. Almost a zero gravity feel, pausing to look up at the clouds as they roll by (this is England, after all).

via a well traveled woman
On recommendation of a lovely blog reader, I am currently reading a book by this writer and feel like it's a revelation! The enormous expanse of opportunity ahead of me is becoming clear; it all depends on how I chose to regard it.

I have a new project: it's myself.

The fact that there is a choice how to spend my days is dawning on me. Even before when I have had time off, it's been temporary and with strings. This time it's all very different.

Over the course of coming months, our home is going to completely change. You see, one end of our house is a separate cottage which, up until now, has been rented to tenants. They've now moved out and we are planning to knock through to enlarge our space and restore the house to one home instead of two. When I imagine knocking through I get this Tom and Jerry-esque image of a cat-shaped hole in the wall. How complicated can adding two doors be?! So exciting though - to idea of making this old farmhouse mine - and guess what? I am going to white-wash everything!

Meanwhile the summer continues; not exceptionally hot but at least dry and easy. Lots of beach walks; it always make me smile seeing dog walkers in jeans and sweatshirts alongside holidaymakers in swimwear - no matter what the weather. We Brits will make the most of a dry day!

via a well traveled woman
We are off to Portugal tomorrow for our summer holiday. We return to the same haunts, and this year to explore some new ones, but I refer back to my love of it, written about here and here!

via a well traveled woman

See you soon!! 
Lou xxx
Share on :
Getting it together...
Getting it together...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5