Elusive style...

Is there any blogger who doesn't follow Garance Doré? I am a recent convert; I don't know why, she somehow just slipped me by. I predict her recent post on cutting her hair will spawn a thousand new hairdos. A bit like A Cup of Jo - who seriously is a taste-setter (if there were such a thing). Very little makes its way into the territory of the style blogger, or Pinterest for that matter, that hasn't had its debut on Jo Goddard's blog. Case in point: navy nails. Who knew I needed this in my life? Jo did.


Next the power of the blog incentive to shop. Over the years (I am well into this blogging malarkey now; this is year four) I have been encouraged to buy many a style item. Case in point this week - the perfect Miranda Kerr-esque leopard slippers. Been looking for donkey's years, never found the right fit or price. Due to this blog post, I stumbled to the Ecco site - could it be true? Simple, comfortable shoes in leopard (my fave) and they do half sizes. Yes they do. It used to be magazines, curated by careful editors; now it is bloggers who know their stuff.

...miranda kerr...and she has a pup...
Meanwhile I watched this documentary: in a word, inspiring. I've written before about ageing and style and this was the convergence of those two things. It made me want to wear outlandish clothes and not give a sh*t what people think of me. I suspect at the moment I care a tad too much and I hope that when I grow up, I will no longer care.

Style and elegance are so elusive. But what I notice is that the truly stylish always have something surprising about them. A quirk or a feature that differs them from the norm. This is the elixir of style. Everyone can copy a magazine (or a blog) but what I love is the moment of branching out; the fresh and the different. Who are the modern icons? It's all too easy to refer to Jackie O and Audrey Hepburn. For me these women have it: Thandie Newton, Emily Blunt, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Helen Mirren....



Share on :
Elusive style...
Elusive style...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5