Little thoughts...

Sometimes (often) I try on clothes, even go as far as purchasing them, with the full knowledge that in order to comfortably wear them, I will need to eat less. I then proceed to eat the same amount - on a daily basis. Rule of thumb: clothes should not leave welts on your skin ;-)

I live in hope that other members of my immediate family will start to take their stuff back upstairs from whence it came. Ditto turning lights off when they leave a room. And hanging towels up in the bathroom.

I get a strange sense of calm, knowing that even if there is no food in the fridge, if we have eggs, flour and milk; we will be OK. We can have pancakes.

No matter how many times I tell myself I need spend no more money; there comes along something that I must buy.

via a well traveled woman

Very rarely do I think quickly enough to answer with witty repartee. But in my head - afterwards - I am hilarious.

When asked what I would like to eat, I invariably think: noodles... therefore I just bought this cookbook: Bill's Everyday Asian. I have high hopes.

I clearly need to brush up on my photography skills as a few commenters have said they'd like more house pictures. Working on that...

My son is a budding music producer in the making; his current favourites are Ben Howard, Chvrches, Tom Odell (who incidentally is from my town). All very 'Indie'...for an eight year old.


Now the weather has changed (positively chilly) we start the season of Sunday roasts. A big favourite in our family; a big weekend event between the four of us, come Sunday evening. It represents preparation for Christmas. If only we had Thanksgiving here in the UK, I'd be so good at it.

Speaking of Stateside; I've never ever had a 's'more'. It is singular as in: 's'more'? Or is it 's'mores'? I have never had a 's'mores'. I need to add this to my bucket list. My question is also: are we disadvantaged in this country for not having Graham Crackers readily available?

I am going to go out and pick elderberries tomorrow in order to concoct an elderberry syrup. This will be there to help my sister in law, who in late stages of pregnancy may catch a cold and and need a herbal remedy. Fret not Natasha, I am on hand.



Boo has embraced vintage Whitney Houston - soundtrack to 'The Bodyguard' after an X-Factor showing. Incidentally that film was the first date my husband and I had together - 21 years ago!!! Whaaaaa??! Kevin Costner really was delectable in his time. Don't even get me started on 'Field of Dreams'...

I've got my Dad working on a new blog design...we embrace the technology in my family.

Have a great weekend :-)



Share on :
Little thoughts...
Little thoughts...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5