Queen bee...

It's Friday!! Hurrah for that.


I watched two episodes of 'Girls' for the first time last night - seriously, I know I am late the party, but the writing in it is amazing. Kinda like a grown-up 'Juno'. I am now hooked and need (as in neeeed) the box set.

I've spent another week trying to be an amateur interior designer. It's actually really hard getting the right look which I have decided for me is a combo of white-washed, with interest or quirk-factor, Nantucket style with a Scandinavian edge. Hmmm. I'm longing for this sort of chilled interior...


I'm doing a black and white photograph gallery wall; have spent too many hours trawling through holiday pictures. I notice: since we got iPhones, most family pictures are snaps rather than decent pictures taken with a proper camera. This makes me sad. After some trial and error, I found some awesome pictures though...

I'm wishing I could afford this type of treat. I would one day, on some universe, love to own one of these.

Slightly obsessed with this song (like everyone else; I know) and the quirky lyrics to it.

I'm plotting how I might one day take in this view again, soon.


I am into short story books at the moment. John Updike and Alice Munro. The first story in the last anthology that John Updike published is called 'Morocco' and is heart-achingly sad and well-observed.

Loving the love heart hat.

Should have kept up ballet at school, so I could wear this. Wouldn't it be cool to be a ballerina for a living?


Through our children's schooling choices we find ourselves on the outside looking in to the world of private schools. Therefore I find 'Made in Chelsea' fascinating! What made these people?! They all know each other 'from school'. We are going to London for the weekend next weekend and are staying in Knightsbridge - I shall have my eyes peeled!

My son is reading a book - cover to cover - that has over 100 pages and has no pictures. This is progress! Made my heart sing. I tell them being well-read is the best thing; '...you will always have something to say when people ask you what you think.'

When I come across wisdom in writing like this and this; it makes me have huge respect for women who are forging ahead in the next stages of their lives - as in the one that I will enter in ten years. I secretly like the idea that we never really have it all worked out.

Boo's half term starts now and she has a friend staying over tonight. I can hear them giggling and singing and raucously shouting from the confines of the 'One Direction' enclave that is her bedroom. I like the feeling of a house full of cool kids.

HAVE A RELAXING WEEKEND :-)


Share on :
Queen bee...
Queen bee...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5