One thing I know...

Writer's block. Although I am not a writer. It's as if all the thoughts in my head have been sieved and what's left are the basic put-one-foot-in-front-of-the-other thoughts. I do wonder whether this is to do with it being month nine of not working and finally, maybe I have found my groove? Only thing is: it's a slow groove. I am thinking: is this passivity in me what I am really like and have I been living a 'busy' lie for all these years?! Or is it that it takes nine months to wind down? (much like that's how long it takes to wind up a pregnancy?!) The days seep by and I am not bothered although the housewife 'to do' list just keeps growing. One thing to note about the housewife to do list: there is ALOT of repetition.

1. Do the laundry.
2. Do the laundry again.


Somehow when life was interspersed by corporate meetings and coffee breaks at the office (never drank so much latte as in that job) the everyday things didn't seem so everyday. But I have to say that I am definitely not unhappy with this monotony; I just note it along with everything else I note. Brain still in overdrive (or else I wouldn't be me) but on different (smaller?) things. I am OK with that.

There is time for 8.30am yoga classes and to prepare myself an Ottolenghi salad for lunch (yes, lunch!). But somehow not time to call a plumber for a broken cistern. I see that I make time for what I like and have what borders on a complete mental block for things I like less. This is odd to me as before I just did everything without question. Now - when there is time for it to be done tomorrow if it's not done today - I find that some things just don't get done at all. They say if you want something done give it to a busy person, and never has that statement seemed more true to me. Interesting though; not bad.

Things I know, for sure:

1. You can never have too many lip balms.
2. I would like one of these Carolina Bucci bracelets in every colour.
3. It's worth the effort to take the physical exercise.
4. Do what you think is important.
5. Happiness has found me.
6. There are never enough shoes.


Share on :
One thing I know...
One thing I know...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5