Good things today...

Pedicured toes - make me happy.

A new Violet Lake bikini - my third in as many years (!) - they are absolutely the best. This time emerald green.

Four sleeps until Disney!! Mickey Mouse ears here I come.

via ivanarevic
It's warm and sunny.

They are laying foundations for the new build! This is BIG progress following the two month break accompanied by a sludge green pond outside our kitchen window.

Dolly Parton's resurgence after Glastonbury. Islands in the stream. The film 'Nine to Five' endures as one of my all time favourites. I heart the 1980's.

The puppy turned three this week; not so much a puppy any more but he still behaves and looks like he is about 6 months old. Love him.

More loom bands than we know what to do with. Seriously, whoever invented these little rubber bands must be enormously wealthy by now. Hours of fun.

The end of term...my children break up on Friday and I realise again that this time of year I get so weary with the whole alarm clock, gotta go, school events frenzy. I am looking forward to a summer of laying in.

The prospect of two weeks with our good friends touring round Florida. A long-awaited return to my childhood.

It was Boo's school sports day this week - I so enjoyed watching all of these healthy, fit teenagers participating in sport, some exceptionally well but regardless, with really touching support and encouragement from their peers. It kinda made my heart swell, when you hear so many bad things about how teenagers treat each other. As ever, kindness can prevail.

An acquaintance I saw in the supermarket this morning who said he remembered me as 'a mother with style'. I liked this (almost ashamed to say how much). Hah!



Share on :
Good things today...
Good things today...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5