Return...

Yes, so hello! Me; I've been gone a long time. Historically when I have left, there have been guest posts and care-taking of the blog, but this time, three weeks and nothing. I kinda get the feeling it's no biggie. Representative of how me and the blog work - we rub along - I'm not in it for fame anymore, I am in it for the interest and the big share and the pretty pictures and the writing (and the friends). So - I am back! Hurrah.

photography by david kracht from here
America was...well... America was as Americans say: AWESOME! We had the best time, a real holiday of a lifetime packed full of new experiences and actually unlike many other trips we have taken. Returning to the Florida of my youth was poignant and exciting all at the same time, being able to show my kids why it was so special to me growing up. I realised that many of my feelings about it were all tied up in a little (big) bundle of love for my Mum and how she shepherded us through a divorce and maintained this bubble of family in a place of palm trees, sun and beaches. She rocked and she still rocks.

As for my little family - they loved it. We did Disney - more observations on that in another post but suffice to say - I enjoyed it more than I ever, ever thought I would. Genuinely, even for the well-travelled, well-heeled, it offers something different. Seeing my nine year old son's face in response to the magic of Disney is all time high. We did the Everglades - I got closer to alligators than I ever needed to - biking, kayaking in Mangroves, speed-boating to white powder beaches. We stayed in Naples - again more to write on that place - and I found not only the street I want to live in, but the white clap-board, mint-shuttered, palm-surrounded house I want to live in. Perfection.

And finally we stayed on the beach; different altogether - big hotel, much more main-stream, but still an experience.

I am returned to that vicious jet lag that leaves you feeling like a deep sea diver...slow motioned.

Of course after all of that loveliness, coming back to our building site farmhouse was a shock and we have been without hot water for FOUR days!!! Plus no power for one. It's back on now but honestly - cold showers were the order of the day. A rude awakening and has accounted for my slightly longer absence from the blog!

So - hi, hello, nice to be back... :-)


Share on :
Return...
Return...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5