Educating Rita...

The open day for the writing degree was last weekend; a wood-panelled room, me and three tutors well-versed in academia. I got to talk about writing. It felt like I had come home. I think this might be good for me. Now I have to apply and see if I can get a place...


I've spent a week being busy...with some lovely interludes, like meeting my good friend Amanda at The Pig and devouring gorgeous food and even better chat.

Then, there are the domestics. Ever present.

The not-buying-anything resolution was short-lived. As predicted by my readers.

There were morning walks, with the pup, on the beach and morning runs at the marina. And yoga and circuit training. I was meant to run a 10K race last weekend and I bailed. I keep doing this; entering and not doing. I have to conclude that competitive running is just not for me. Full stop.



I am preparing a portfolio of writing to submit for the degree course; absolutely daunting. But good.

I finished reading 'Elizabeth is Missing' and worried about Dementia a little more than I did before.

Another parent's evening (Boo this time) and the clarity you get from good teachers who tell you like it is. She's a good girl my daughter; she'll do well, I hope. Turns out (in a comment from her philosophy teacher) that she can formulate an ethical argument that rocks. This pleases me. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.


I saw 19 deer in the fields by my house today, in a herd. The leader has grown antlers now. I quite like that we rub along, the deer and I. They don't scarper, they know as I approach that I don't mean them harm.

It's half term next week, thank goodness. The school run is killing me slowly.

I long for Spring and a semblance of good weather. The long winter is getting on my last nerve.

I watched four episodes of 'Sex and the City'. For old time's sake.

It's Friday night, happy weekend :-)



Share on :
Educating Rita...
Educating Rita...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5