Round here...

I recently asked a valued friend what the 'style rules' should now be for us and her advice was: 'don't wear anything your daughter would wear.' As Boo hurtles towards adolescence she has become my yardstick of what I now shouldn't wear. I can see she will have the same physique as me and she puts together some very cool and ironic outfits. I love that about her. But for me - it means it's time to update my style. I am loving the brand 'Me and Em' - the whole look and feel of it is really strong and the pieces that I have ordered have performed brilliantly. I have been pouring over their new Spring collection. I see shopping ahead...



I am getting back into work; it transpires my brain does still work and I do have recall of everything I knew before my sabbatical. Yay.

We go skiing in a few weeks; a big group of friends altogether - eighteen in total. I can not wait. We are returning to one of my favourite places ever, where I will sleep in a sleigh bed and there is snow outside (hopefully). Bring on the fresh mountain air. I need a holiday so much I can taste it.

Paula and I have been looping around L'Apothecary designs again. Re-testing products and honing in on design concepts. Working with a designer has been a great experience for me and what she has come up with is a melding together of everything that has led L'Apothecary to where it is now. There are lots of new plans on the horizon, a subtle shift in the brand style that I hope, when it can finally be unveiled, will be perfect.


We went to a wedding at the weekend in Cornwall - again returning to one of my favourite ever places. My husband remarked that I have a particular love of going back to places I have been. It's true; there is something about revisiting that I enjoy. I wonder sometimes if my sentimentality and nostalgia get in the way of my present and future. But that is the way I am.

So the wedding was beautiful; meaningful and picture-perfect and we spent time with old friends and my lovely sister in law (whose company was like a tonic for me). The weekend seemed steeped in real, genuine love - the journey the couple had been on together prior to getting engaged made it so. That and the very unique relationship we have with the groom (he is Godfather to both of our children; my husband was his best man) made it all feel very special.



And so what else? Thank you for all of your comments to my last post - some of which I found really interesting. That is what I love about comments - sometimes there are gems of wisdom that really do make me think. Have a happy midweek... :-)
Share on :
Round here...
Round here...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5