My blogging conundrum...

So, you know me, I have been doing a lot of thinking; mainly trying to join up the dots to see how I got on the path I am currently on. One theory I am developing is that a contributor to my pain is muscle tension, especially in my shoulders. There is an irony here as I have, for years, had pain in my shoulder caused by using the computer. I have mainly ignored it - despite it being like a resilient and annoying low hum in the background. It got much worse when I started blogging. I would, in those heady early days of my blog, spend hours reading blogs, sourcing images, scouring the web and of course writing. However I am starting to see that there might just be a link to the way I sit at the computer and the way my muscles now hurt...leading to the pain.


This leaves me with a conundrum. I love my blog. I love to blog. I am inexplicably linked to my apple Mac and the prospect of not typing for a while is, well, let's just say it seems more or less impossible. However I am trying to sit properly at the desk (no more hunching) and I am trying to limit the time I spend in that position. The net result is that when something enters my mind and I want to blog about it, I have to pause and think 'actually, maybe I shouldn't...' I need to see, you see, whether there is anything  I can do to make the pain reduce and it's slow progress.


I also appreciate that for weeks all I have written about is me, me, me and feel I am in a little 'Louise bubble'. Whilst it's lovely that you're willing to join me in my bubble, I do get the distinct impression I am going on a bit. And so, in the way of brief updates about me, me, me - today I went for a bicycle ride along the canal path, dodging fishermen. My children break up for summer at the end of the week and so I am cramming in every last bit of organisation I can, before I am accompanied by them for the next eight weeks. I am going to a summer ball on Friday, so I am trying to decide what to wear...long or short? I am spending a lot of time in my head, mulling stuff over, to the extent that I believe I have told people what I am thinking and realise that in fact I didn't, and it was all an internal mental conversation! I am thinking about old friends and old choices and things I have done.  I am observing my hometown, now flooded with summer tourists and wondering how it went from that sleepy town to a bustling city in the space of fifteen years.

Much of the time I think about blogging and so, if I am absent for day or two, I will be back, I am probably just deciding to give typing a rest and trying out my new ergonomically correct posture...



Share on :
My blogging conundrum...
My blogging conundrum...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5