New groove...and wisdom...

Tuesday heralds the settling in of my new groove. This is the dog-owning, non-working, friend-seeing Lou who seems to be quite full of patience and calmness. I am struck by how much patience I have at the moment for things like maths homework and getting elaborate before-school-hairdos right for Boo. Going back for the third goodbye hug from Boo 2 as he goes to his classroom. I am realising I have been in a rush for ten years and finally, after months of slowing, I have now slowed down. Imperceptible it was - but when I regard the contrast between then and now, I can see it clear as day.


I read back on my blog, just a few months, to see if I was imagining the difference in myself. But there it was; a completely frazzled version of myself. When I read what I wrote I feel like taking myself in hand and saying 'STOP!' in just the way that many of you did. So that brings me to blogger's wisdom. This is what I call the gems left for me in comments from an array of friends. Regular commenters who stop by to say hello and who email me for updates. People who say that I write in way they 'get' and who use lovely complimentary words about me. Friends who dispense wisdom to me that I genuinely take heed of. People like Simone and Jeanne. Sophie and Carina. Alison and Melissa. Chania and Tania. Deej and Rhiannon. Mary and Amanda...not to mention Sarah and Lori. Carrie and Charlotta. Oh and also Marsha and Natasha. I could go on and on...

Who would have thought there was such kindness and wisdom on the web? I'm bowled over, I really am. So in this moment of clarity - thank you, thank you, thank you! I am indebted. The blog world continues to enrich and make me feel good.

Share on :
New groove...and wisdom...
New groove...and wisdom...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5