Hey...

It feels like it's been some time...but in the grand scheme, not really. It's funny how changing the rhythm of your life for a week gives a different perspective. There is something about a ski holiday that is so very alternate to my norm. Dealing with the freezing weather (the average settled at about minus 15, which for this fair-weather Brit seemed chilly). Getting four people up a mountain with the right kit (which feels like the normal school run but on steroids). Being waited on every second that I spent in our wonderful chalet (which is so far from my normal life, it's almost a comedy! I couldn't stop smiling every time I was asked if there was anything I needed! Spending time with my much-loved family and friends, some of whom I have holidayed with for years (notable mention to the children's Godfather who accompanies us every year and my precious sister in law, brother in law and their son). And to lovely, newer friends who slotted in like they'd always been part of our clan.

...the view from our chalet...
So all good - except that we were dodging a sickness bug that ultimately swept through the place, and which I eventually succumbed to when we got home. So I was out of action for a day or two and my lovely Mum came to help out. In a re-run of my girlhood sick days, she brought me Heinz tomato soup when I felt I could eat again, and I was reminded of my childhood bedroom, complete with rosebud sprigged wallpaper, which I used to count when whiling away the hours, laid up in bed. I love my Mum so much it actually makes me heart ache.

via country living
And so to updates...before we left we got the results to Boo's entrance exam. Oblige me in a moment of parental boast: SHE GOT IN!! Yey. So very proud and bizarrely emotional about it. To see her face when she opened the letter ranks as one of those all-time memorable moments of parenting. I couldn't be prouder; she did this on her own, after months and months of work. What this school place should afford her is the opportunity for independence and greatness, without wanting to sound over-dramatic. It's a chance to attend a senior school where she will be nurtured and pushed. I hope that it works out that way.

It's nice to be back...bring the Spring!



Share on :
Hey...
Hey...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5