Hey Monday...

Poor, neglected blog; I have been remiss. The fact is, I have so many thoughts in my head, so many potential blog posts, that I am having trouble getting some semblance of order. I read once that you know you live in a digital world if your thoughts form as blog posts or tweets rather than free-flowing ideas! I think that is where I am at.
via pretty stuff
The new school extravaganza continues, each day feeling more 'normal' but at the same time generating new experiences for my children to cope with. I am learning more about them than I have for years and I find many of my impulses are to try to adjust to this new rhythm of family life. Having a child at senior school requires a different form of parenting; it's a type I need to learn. But all in all - they are doing fabulously well. I couldn't ask for more.

L'Apothecary returns too after the summer hiatus; plans and ideas forming into real products. It's been great to have a break and to relax into the business. I know starting a new business should not be a relaxing time, but we have taken stock and understood what works and what doesn't and so that feels so...right. Good times ahead.

What started as a mild interest has developed into a full-blown obsession with reinventing my home. The prospect of a few months off has gone to my head and I want to reinvigorate the spaces that for years have not been noticed.

via journeys of mangonett
Along the same lines of reinvention, I have started doing Tai Chi which is described as 'moving meditation'. The purpose for me is to make every movement deliberate and definite so that my whole body relaxes. It's quirky for sure, but I really enjoyed the calmness of it. While I am forming the new me, I also booked myself a single ticket to a matinee of a Shakespeare play! I have never been to a play alone before, but feel ridiculously energised by the idea. The day times are opening up for me, with newness and freshness. My view: everyone should take a break from their corporate norm, it feels great.

Thank you so much for your lovely comments to my last post. What I found really touching was that commenters said they could feel my 'voice' coming through. It's quite special that anyone considers I have a voice in the first place and even more so, that it can shine through in what I write. So thank you.



Share on :
Hey Monday...
Hey Monday...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5