Enlightenment...

My ability to do nothing is gathering a pace. I am making an art form of pottering. Countless cups of coffee at various friend's kitchen tables have become my mainstay. I visit the beach every other day; it never, ever fails to lift my spirits, even if they weren't low in the first place.

My time off work, the purpose of which was family-focused, has turned me-focused. It sounds cliched, but I am discovering all sorts of things about how I want to live, what I want to spend my time doing, where I want to be, simply from having time off. I can't tell whether the sweetness of it is the fact that it's temporary; I know I will go back to the corporate world, but in the meantime there is time.


For all of this self enlightenment, there are still little worries. I wouldn't be me unless there were worries. This time on my hands means I fret about the children and numerous other things that wouldn't historically have got a look-in! I work hard to control the fretting as after all, life is too short isn't it?!

Share on :
Enlightenment...
Enlightenment...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5