Things of beauty...

A week that was; one child on school holidays, the other, bizarrely not. Dog-sitting another pup. My Dad to stay. Husband who was European-city-hopping for work. A smattering of sunshine, then rain and more rain...

Whilst I am loving the pace of my life and the fact that the pressure is off, my mind does wander off to other things in amongst the seemingly endless driving to drop off and pick ups. Watching hockey practice on a Tuesday evening and I spend the time pondering what it would be like to jet off to an exotic beach for weeks. Or immerse myself in pure city life for a few days - just he and I and - dare I say - no kids?! I know this is how the pendulum swing works. I am all for family right now and have devoted myself utterly to my children's school schedules and evenings spent counselling through physics homework and such like. It's so very domestic and so very natural. But there is part of me, no matter how pleasing I find the home, that yearns for travel and mind-broadening. I never thought I had much wanderlust, but in recent weeks, it has raised its head.

This weekend is a family one though with friends Danish relatives flying in for my Mum's 70th birthday. My Mum is one of life's awesome people, so we will celebrate her and her 70 years!

Have a wonderful weekend...

...impossibly pretty...






...positively yearning for a city break...
via girlsack



photograph by elizabeth messina



via brown dress with white dots

...I don't know for sure, but I suspect my life might be complete if I had these shoes...from emerson fry

...so pretty via patterson maker

kate winslet...photograph by miguel reveriego
Share on :
Things of beauty...
Things of beauty...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5