Off the wagon...

I've fallen off the wagon; the yoga wagon, the mindfulness wagon, the sleeping well/eating well, feeling on top of things wagon! Instead I feel I am running...no, wait, sprinting...as fast as I can at the moment. That wagon is in the distance somewhere beckoning me on. I'll get there; this is a short-term thing but for now, I find this is where I am.

via bippity boppity boo
A weekend spent in a typical early summer swirl of Britishness. A summer fete (complete with fly-by from a WWII spitfire), gardening (my husband's endless lawn mowing has become a family joke). Hanging laundry on the line and marvelling that it actually dries. I've confirmed I am a heat-lover; I have been in denial all this time, saying that I love the seasonal changes here. But actually all I really want is warm - even better - hot.

Unusually we found ourselves without children on Saturday daytime and so we went for lunch and talked about the future. I love lunches like that; they remind me of pre-children times when we used to map things out. Now the map feels like its more complete, but we realise we still have plans and dreams and views on happen-chance, in case it ever arises.

Meanwhile the sprinting starts Monday morning when I wake following a restless night and know there are a million and one things to do this week. Logistical challenges; pick-ups and drop-offs at times that seem to conspire - there is only one me and two of them! My work carries on at corporate pace - they wait for no one.

I read this (shared from a friend's facebook) and tears poured down my face this morning, closely followed by guilt that I should hate this busy-ness, the sprinting, as what it amounts to is my family life. The people affected by Sandy Hook have had their family lives blown apart forever and reading about them is humbling and more thought-provoking that I was prepared for on a cloudy Monday morning. The lesson: always take time and be grateful. Make the most of every day.

And in more moments of frippery I shop on line (maxi dresses, lace dresses, more dresses?) and schedule appointments and try to build in social engagements for us all that will enrich and engage. We are in the bubble and the bubble is good. Steer your way...

via bippity boppity boo
Share on :
Off the wagon...
Off the wagon...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5