What's new?

That feeling or glimpse of summer when you're driving in your car and 'My Sharona' comes on the radio - instant flashback to being 18, generation X, post-University, watching 'Reality Bites' when Winona Ryder was so young and so cool.


Far too much outfit shopping - concluding that I like the order/delivery process almost as much as wearing the item itself. There's a lot of 'return to sender' happening in our house.

Blossoms in the garden.

The prospect of days and days ahead to clear the decks in my house. A yearning to remove half of our possessions; I have become encumbered by my own 'stuff'.

Missing my husband; he's working hard.

A return to circuit training; energy depletion after last week = my workout is hard!

Seersucker bed linen - which make me think of Danish childhood in my cousin's summer house.

photograph by sally gall
Wimbledon - one of the best and most soothing sports to have on in the background. Closely followed by golf.

Realising that actually, I do need another pair of white converse.

End of term plays. End of term sports days. End of term in general.

Dog walking at the beach as the fields really are way too full of pollen.

Getting ready to say goodbye to long-established colleagues and start new. From August onwards the term 'big blue' will come to mean the sky or the ocean and not this, as is has been for the last fifteen years.

photograph by sally gall

Share on :
What's new?
What's new?
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5