Baby steps...

Yea, so we went to see One Direction. Think 7 hours in the car and 90,000 screaming girls. It was an interesting evening. But they were so good and because she loves them, I love them. I am harbouring a 40 year old crush on Harry. I know it's really inappropriate. But it was kinda exciting when he sang and fireworks went off and streamers flew out in time with the music. I heart concerts; they make you feel alive. I just need to go to one where the average age is not 14.


I ran 7K this morning. I normally run 5K and quit because that is just my distance. It takes half an hour and then I am done. Today I kept on running and actually, though I ache now, that extra distance felt good.

We did yoga outside on Monday, at my friend's beautiful boat-side house, overlooking the still, calm water. Sometimes I forget how lucky I am to live where I live.

I am planning a beach summer. Boo is booked in for surf tuition and if the weather is good I want to spend as much time as possible by the sea.

Allegedly the builders are to return to our house tomorrow after a month's hiatus. The sludge green pond outside my kitchen window has not abated but I am told they are going to sort it. One step closer.

Meanwhile the 'what am I doing with my life?' sensibility has watered down to: 'what shall I do with my day?' Baby steps. I am wondering whether actually what I need is a new challenge but suspect that getting a job is not what I am looking for right now. I have observed many friends take up physical training for marathons or triathlons or 100 mile walks and I wonder if that is it? I feel like I could try to get really, really healthy and fit and see what happens. I have dabbled with this before but never truly, properly embraced it. I have the time. I could so do it...

And finally, I am pondering whether I am too old for ripped cut-offs?



Share on :
Baby steps...
Baby steps...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5