Like it is...

Sometimes I pull together a blog post that is full of inciteful wisdom about this life, or biting social commentary or an appreciation of anything ranging from interiors to fashion. Today none of that. I have to tell it like it is.

via pretty stuff
This place is my place to share; to send my thoughts out into the ether. Often friends and commenters write that they like my honesty, my truthfulness, the fact that I say what is real and there is no subtext. I need to NOT loose that quality now. The worst thing that could happen would be for my readers to feel that I am trying to sell to them in every post. I'm not; as far as L'Apothecary goes, you can take or leave it (I do hope you take it, but hey). Some wise advice from my good friend Amanda is that business blogs and twitter feeds can be dull; personal business blogs are not. This place is personal and whilst it has clear links to the business, it's still Lou, pure and simple. I hope that's OK.

So what's happening of late?

Jubilee weekend came and went in a over-committed blur. Proud to be British, in love with Catherine's dresses and in awe of the Queen, but over-committed nevertheless. We did so much I can hardly recall. Do you ever do that? Where every invite seems like a must-do? I realised that there is very little that we 'must-do' other get some down time. One night spent with great friends who have the ultimate party house; a spontaneous evening pool party whilst the Juiblee concert played. We came away feeling chilled and that was necessary.

via pretty stuff
Incidentally, can I just say that being an entrepreneur is HARD WORK?!!! Oh my goodness I am so far out of my comfort zone it's just not even funny anymore. I find myself reeling from conversations with my business partner with all of the crucial things that need doing. So much it makes my head spin. But this is what it's all about isn't it? Is it OK to admit it's hard? There; I did it. It's hard. And fascinating. And it has that 'living the dream' quality that I want to bottle and keep for a rainy day. Meanwhile the day job continues; employment law never looked so safe and so familiar!

via pretty stuff
My yearning for summer heat heightens and I find myself counting down the days til I get some guaranteed sun when we go away in a few months. I am becoming convinced that I actually lived in a warm climate, I would be doubly productive. Can anyone attest to that? If I lived in Florida I would be unstoppable ;-)

I think I am longing for some soothing, I know this as I found myself watching 'Elizabethtown' last night; a perennial favourite...'It's not goodbye, it's just goodbye'. There is something so whimsical about that film that it makes me catch my breath. And the soundtrack is just...lovely, in a throw-back to your childhood kinda way.


We've taken to having early evening roller discos in our house. Boo sports her skates and travels around our ancient flagstone floors, looping the kitchen table while we listen to Katy Perry. I am OK with this as I cook supper. I find I know all the words. Meanwhile my son is lego star wars mad. I can recite the entire storm trooper clan. I am OK with this too.

How is it with you?

...and finally via pretty stuff
Share on :
Like it is...
Like it is...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5