Things of beauty...

What a week! I feel I write that a lot but this one was something else. What with the flooding, my two jobs and then waking up with the sorest of throats, my annual dose of tonsillitis; I am taking to my bed this weekend. I always think that is a sign of motherhood that the prospect of lying in bed when ill is actually appealing!! It's only after having children and having all of those things that just must be done, well or sick, that makes me see this distinction. In our house the show must go on and that means me, out of bed and functioning! I am planning to watch a box set and no one can stop me. Doctors orders...

The to and fro of our fledgling business has been evident this week. It's amazing, there are so many future possibilities, but simultaneously the need to focus and stay true to the starting point. It's taking all of my self-control and tenacity to keep on the track we have set ourselves for L'Apothecary; step by step we will get there.

Meanwhile I have realised that there is only a month left of school before the summer holidays. What summer? Where did summer go? I am literally yearning to be away somewhere hot; it's occupying my thoughts. I want sandy toes and heat on my skin and not to have a care in the world...honestly, I need the down time. You'd think after everything that happened last year that I would be able to spot when things were mounting up; it would appear not! Old dog, new tricks? I will give it some thought during that TV marathon I have planned this weekend ;-)


via dust jacket attic

via crush cul de sac



via dust jacket attic




shell sailboats...via crush cul de sac






...vintage beauty...photograph by jo tyler
...like this outfit...via cape cod collegiate





Have a lovely weekend friends, and thank you for your comments and care...



Share on :
Things of beauty...
Things of beauty...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5