A week of doing and undoing...

I turned 39 last week! My birthday was on Tuesday, I was at work, my husband was away, the kids went to school, I had toothache; it was kinda average. You know how there always seems a need in blog land to deliver a report of upbeat loveliness regarding every life event - well I figured this one just wasn't the one to rave about. It's OK - it was fine, no biggie. I am gearing up for the big one next year instead!

via patterson maker
I admit I got into a slump in recent weeks - charted here all too clearly - and by the end of this week I started to emerge the other side. Things got clearer, the toothache got fixed, thoughts started to solidify from the haze that they have been in. The ground feels firmer beneath my feet. Thank goodness.

via patterson maker
L'Apothecary is meandering at the moment, forming and reforming itself as we work on relaunching the brand later this year. We keep revisiting, as one must when working on any concept, what are we all about? What is important to us? We always come back to this: we are natural, we are pure. Beauty is simple. The science and functionality behind what we do is crucial and Paula - who is a stickler for standards - keeps striving for better and better blends of oils. The testing and feedback process is always taking place; our long-suffering friends always being asked for their invaluable input. This is what building a business is about - trial and error and having thick skin when it comes to constructive criticism!

via patterson maker
Our ever-patient designer is having an effect on how the brand is getting shaped and visually we are charting some really interesting territory. It is soooo frustrating not to be able to share it with you yet and I am sure there are eyes rolling at reading about it but not being able to see the results. I know from reading other brand journeys, like my friend Rhiannon, that this takes time.

Good design is worth the wait, I hope.

...love these water bottle designs...from black and blum...containing Japanese charcoal for purification...
Share on :
A week of doing and undoing...
A week of doing and undoing...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5