Lou: 0, Stress: 1

I'd so love to say things are all fine and dandy but in the space of just a few short weeks, life has taken a slightly different turn. Did you notice? Stress had got embedded again, as insidious as it ever has been. I have struggled with stress for years, and can trace back to key times like here that testify my low tolerance of it. I spend a lot of time wondering why I am not more robust and why things stress me more than others. I figure: it's just the way I am built.



What never fails to amaze me is how it builds up before I am sufficiently aware and then it feels too late to remedy. A combination of this long winter, some less-than-healthy eating choices, not enough downtime, family stressors, sleep deprivation and trying so-damn-hard-at-everything have left me depleted.

I know that getting a business start-up started up is a wake-up-at-dawn pursuit that needs absolute dedication. I know that smooth running of family life takes military organisation. I know that performing in a demanding corporate job needs concentration and vigour. Trust me to think I could do all three and come out smiling!

So - what to do?

Back to the basics. Some time away with friends and family is on the horizon, as we go skiing in a few weeks. Yoga practice and sleep must take priority. I have to get over the guilts of buying fruit and vegetables that have been grown in far-off places and stock up. I need to try and reduce the number of appointments I keep; seriously almost every day there is some meeting or other. I have to find a box set of happy watching DVDs that are not taxing, upsetting or too thought-provoking. I need to achieve relaxation! I need to get myself on an even keel again.


I am in awe of those who keep stress levels at bay - and wonder - how do you actually do it? I fear I talk about doing it, but don't apply it in practice...
Share on :
Lou: 0, Stress: 1
Lou: 0, Stress: 1
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5