How I take care of myself...

Inspired by this wonderful post here and another post here, I am ironically writing this list at a time when I have resolutely ignored all of these pointers and as a result have come down with tonsillitis. It's an annual event for me, which this time has fallen just as we are about to set off for a weekend away at the wedding of good friends. As they would say: law of sod. I am looking on the bright side, taking lots of painkillers and banking on the anaesthetic qualities of champagne wedding toasts to get me through!



So come next week this will serve as a useful reminder of all the things I should have done!

1. Getting enough sleep.

2. Listening to my thoughts, even when they are negative; I've worked so hard to abandon negativity that I need to sometimes let it in. It can serve as a warning sign.

3. Snuggling up with my teddy-bear puppy dog.

4. Clearing the decks.

5. Ipad browsing, propped up in bed, pyjamas on by 8.30pm.

6. Gulpfuls of sea air.

7. Curious and interesting ingredients to cook with.

8. Favourite tea cups.

9. Being in the black, financially speaking.

10. Ordering books I don't really need but do really want.

11. Waking in the half-light and knowing there is still time for more sleep.

12. Freshly laundered, twenty-year-old, french ticking sheets that were the first thing I bought when my husband and I set up house together.

13. The right outfit, when it matters.

14. Banishing self-doubt.

15. Following brands that I love. Seeing good design in action.

16. Letting my shoulders drop downwards.

17. My Mum's home-baking.

18. Wine time.

19. The smell of damask rose oil, especially when we're blending it.

20. Homework done, children in bed on time, well-fed: ahead of the game.

21. Doing the tree pose.

22. Seeing the perfect relevant quote on Pinterest.

23. Buying more fruit than we need.

24. Noticing apple blossom for the first time after a long winter.

25. Reminding myself throughout the day to relax the muscles I am tensing.

26. Acting on those heart-aching moments when I miss my oldest friends.

27. Saturday morning; my husband's best bacon and egg toasted sandwich, complete with HP sauce.

28. High heels and a dress, sometimes.

29. Training twice a week, with my friends.

30. Post-training coffee.

31. Professional integrity.

32. Keeping orchids.

33. Morning time, bed-mussed children, nowhere to be, nowhere to go.

34. Keeping myself in check: letting it go, going easy on myself, taking care, slowing down.

35. Remember, remember: Balance. Energy. Time.


Share on :
How I take care of myself...
How I take care of myself...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5