A year already...

Today my children break up from school for the summer holidays - honestly - where did that year go? Unbelievable. If I think back to this time last year, I see the changes that have taken place have been huge, but weirdly imperceptible until now, when I look at the contrast. Now - as two whole months of summer holiday stretch out ahead - I will try to take stock. The weather has turned and it is sunny, and according to the BBC it's going to stay for July. This very fact has become my most happy-making thing as the prospect of beach days and being outside become a real possibility. Never before have I been so grateful for a period of high pressure.

In bizarrely regular fashion (you'd think I would learn...) I have got all busy and stressy in recent weeks and yet again it's had consequences for me physically. I feel now that I must get back to where I was before I got undone; taking time out, yoga, good food, enough sleep. I am staggered how easily I let it all slip and how quickly the effects make themselves known. I want to keep the wisdom of my experience and instill it daily - why is it so hard to do that?!

We have decided to go ahead with some house renovations sooner than we thought and so all of a sudden we are planning and thinking ahead to having more space. As we hurtle towards the teenage years, Boo seems to be growing daily - literally before my eyes. We need more room. We need a house that fits better for the life we have now. Of course I am poring over Pinterest and planning, planning, planning my white-washed new space.

I've been thinking a lot about confidence - having watched end of term concerts and shows and sports days - I am struck by the supreme confidence of these children. It seems privilege grows confidence and confidence grows privilege. I ponder this and look back to my school days when frankly, there was no way near as much support and opportunity. Lucky, lucky children.

And meanwhile - I am awaiting the full story of the most romantic engagement that took place this week - from my friend Sophie - whose charming George proposed in Sydney. Sometimes love can surprise us and I love that :-)

And so to some good old fashioned things of beauty...






















via crush cul de sac




Have a fabulous weekend!!
Lou xxx
Share on :
A year already...
A year already...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5