Thoughts for the day...

I mentioned before, but I think it's time I owned a fedora hat. I watched my son play a football match this week and there were fedoras on the sideline! Seems it's not just a London thing. Mental note: wear more hats.

I adopt a brutal honesty policy. This week, in the car they asked me who Jimmy Savile was. I told the truth. Not easy to find the words.

via flore bianche
I vowed after reading this, that I would never squander money again.

There has been box set intensity of viewing in my house; I just watched 20 episodes in the last couple of weeks but as it reached its crescendo; five episodes in a row. Compulsive viewing. I am done now; feeling quite tired!

It's notable how the act of blogging evolves. At the start it was like a show and tell; this is me. Then it was a curation of all things I liked. I used to post every Friday 'Things of beauty' posts which contained endless images of my most favourite things. I would spend HOURS sourcing these pictures. Then my blog became my business and I talked about beauty (more about that later). I got times where I was self-conscious and thought about the audience too much. I feel like recently it's about the writing; if I have to get something out this is where I come to. The pretty pictures have now moved to my Pinterest feed. It's a multi-faceted thing.

via fiore bianche
I read an article that discussed the degree to which children should be limited in the amount of 'screen time' they spend each day. The article (for once) was pro the use of phones and computers, contending the view that this is the future and our children will learn on line, that is the way of things in 2013. To hold it back, I have always felt, is like trying to hold back a tidal wave. I don't want to be the modern version of King Canute so I tend towards embracing the technology. Boo and I discussed this midweek when I found that she had made an on line friend who was not in her circle of 'known' friends (I know, I immediately felt uncomfortable too). But then I felt I didn't have a leg to stand on when questioning the validity of this friendship as frankly, I have blog friends. Are they are stalking nut cases? NO! Are any? Not so far. And if I got the vibe that they were I would cross that bridge when I came to it. Boo is no different; we talked about 'the vibe' - that feeling you get when you know someone seems inherently OK or not OK. But I do acknowledge it's an incredibly difficult line to walk, especially when you are young and inexperienced. Let's just say I monitor her on line life pretty closely. But I accept she has one; and if we think 12 year olds don't have an on line presence, we are lying to ourselves.

via fiore bianche
The English winter has taken hold and I have remembered just how dank things are months on end. It gets dark at 4.30pm, the evenings seem to last a lifetime. Daily dressing makes me want to get into comfies before the sun even comes up!

I walked the pup at the beach this morning under angry skies, threatening rain. That place is a tonic no matter what the weather.

A tactical quiet weekend coming up - out with friends tonight but not much else and comfort food throughout. Roast beef and yorkshire puddings on Sunday. There are plus points to the shorter days after all.

Have a great weekend...

via fiore bianche
Share on :
Thoughts for the day...
Thoughts for the day...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5