Get away...

One thing I love is that whilst we live on the South coast of England, surrounded by fields and near my favourite beach, we can still get to London with ease. This weekend we are getting away for a city break with friends staying in the big smoke. I am such a country girl that no matter how many times I visit London, I am over-awed by the metropolis. Country bumpkin. I can't imagine living there - although when I read my friend Simone's blog, I love the sound of it. Simone is missing New York right now; there is another place that I was completely over-awed with. It makes London seem weeny. Don't tell the Londoners I said that ;-)

via polienne
It's timely that as I sat down to write this morning, my friend Amanda posted something which sums up exactly how I feel about things right now. I need to take care that I don't just take all the same behaviours that I used to exhibit in my work life and apply them to my newly acquired, full-time home life. What I realise is that this is just the way I am made; I don't just coast through, ease along, relaxed and chilled. No matter what the day holds for me, I am kinda doing it at full tilt. Even if that means just listening to the 'noise' inside my own head. I know I am lost in a Girls-a-thon right now - but this quote resonated so much - add on about 20 years to her statement and you'll find me...

via lovelyish
So this weekend will serve as a much-needed get away. The mooching will take place; hotel linens, breakfast out, stop for coffee x 5, shopping, dinners, dressing up, no chores. No kids, no driving, no drop off/pick up. Just us. Hu-bloody-rrah :-)

See you next week!
Lou xx
Share on :
Get away...
Get away...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5