A day in the life...

The alarm sounds and I wonder how on earth it can be morning again so soon?! Sleep seems like a precious commodity; never, ever enough! Each day I resolve to go to bed earlier but it never seems to happen. My Dad is staying this week and so we have stayed up 'discussing' the state of the European Union and the banking crisis (his topic choice, not mine!). He is worried; I wonder why I am not more worried. I conclude that the state of the world is a concept too enormous for me to contemplate, let alone devote time worrying about. I suspect this is a short-sighted view that will amaze me when I look back in years to come. Remember 2012? 'Hell, yea, I was so blinkered back then'; that's what I will say when I am 70! Much like when I look back on the dedication I had to Levis 501s throughout my entire twenties, which really weren't that flattering! Weighty topics and I? We don't make comfortable bed-fellows.

...the view from my window...rain-battered apple blossom...
This week I feel like I am on double time. It is Boo's birthday (hurrah), my work has ramped up completely and of course there is L'Apothecary, like a moth in the lamp light, fluttering about and distracting my attention! In a very nice way.

The weather that May normally promises has been absent and instead a deluge of rain. Rain does not bode well when you live where I live; an old old house that sits low on the land. We are surrounded by ominous looking puddles and I fear to do laundry in case my drains overflow. I remind myself again: old houses have charm, but a whole lot of domestic challenge. The outcome: no clean clothes.

So, my day in life, right now?

Wake, (wish there was more sleep),
Tea (can't start the day without earl grey),
Dress (longing for warmer days; cotton would be a nice change from wool),
School run (we seem to be getting later and later; getting there on time is a distant memory),
Work (feels like a bit of a slog but at least I can work from home),
L'Apothecary :-)
Wine (yes, it make a pretty regular appearance with dinner),
Bed (Thank goodness!)

P.S. This brightens my day...there is a L'Apothecary GIVEAWAY on The Bottom of the Ironing Basket blog!

...and from another window...

Share on :
A day in the life...
A day in the life...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5