Happy-making...

What a difference a day makes. It is as if the whole British nation is in raptures because...get ready...the sun came out. There was warm wind. Trees rustled in summer-esque glory. The grass seemed to grow before my eyes. I had bare feet. I wore no sleeves. As my friend Lucy would say: '...what a revolutionary concept!' The month of May has been so dreadful, but today weather has redeemed itself. Thank goodness for that.

wayfarers...via bippity boppity boo
I will share a secret: last week I was stressed. Good old-fashioned stress. I know it well but it hasn't visited me for a while. Last week it took up residence again and it felt distinctly like it was not going away any time soon. However, I have learnt from my past - look back a year's worth of blog posts and you'll find another Louise; one who was wound like a coiled spring with stress. Fast forward to now and rather than being a coil, I just have a slight kink.

A combination of work, business launching, husband's return to work (and ensuing absence), school, children, pressures, messy house, disorder, lack of sleep, bad food choices. All of these conspired and the result was one stressed girl. The reason I share this is to outline that I have learnt. Look at what I did. Rather than soldier on, I stopped. Pressed pause. Sat still. I am a firm believer now that the 'sit still' plan is the root to healing all stress.

So there you go...the sit still plan and the sun...they have worked wonders and today I had a very productive, happy day.

via cape cod collegiate...a tumblr which I adore as I secretly fantasise I live in Nantucket...
Share on :
Happy-making...
Happy-making...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5