Get comfortable in your own skin...

I'm taking a moment...be patient, humour me...can I just say, what a week! Who knew I had it in me? I thought I was a corporate girl, not an entrepreneur! I am a conservative thinker, adverse to change, as safe as houses. But this week...I proved to myself it is possible to follow a dream. To go after something you believe in. I can't tell you how good it feels. I believe in this. L'Apothecary! I really do.

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, how touching it has been to hear your enthusiasm and your encouragement. I consider those comments to be like money in the bank; if ever I feel in need of affirmation, I shall revisit them.

This weekend will be spent revelling in what has come to pass. The freshness of new starts and what you learn from them.

This whole journey has been about getting comfortable in my own skin. And I see that as time goes by, doing exactly that is a bigger and bigger challenge. I look at my daughter, whose life consists of school and friends and learning lacrosse and sneaking just five minutes peace from her little brother; she is comfortable in her own skin. But somehow as the years pass and we grow older, that comfort can evaporate and we become uncomfortable; somehow lacking.

I see more and more it's all about attitude. My sister in law is an advocate of 'P.M.A'; Positive Mental Attitude. I always regarded this phenomena with interest - as if by simply thinking positive, positive things would happen. I am a born pessimist, this life skill really didn't come easy to me. But I see now, it's not as simple as just feeling positive - it's about reacting positively.

Who knew?




via the sartorialist
































Have a lovely weekend and if you want some loveliness in a bottle - drop by my new shop!
Share on :
Get comfortable in your own skin...
Get comfortable in your own skin...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5