Summer envy...

I feel as if I am being slowly driven mad by the rain and murk; like some sort of aversion therapy but with no known objective! I know I hate rain, why must it be proven to me again and again every day? I am suffering from summer envy. I feel am being deprived of all of those lovely summer things; impromptu beach barbecues, eating outside, feeling warm. Wearing cotton, or linen or (shock!) only one layer!

photograph by olivia rae james
It means that everything is resting on the time we have away in August. My husband is already warning me that I am placing a disproportionate importance on it, such that post-holiday blues will surely result. Post-holiday blues are the peril of the Brit; we have so little access to proper summer holidays that returning to face imminent Autumn is just too much! For a slice of summer beauty I like to go to this blog with the most wonderful photographs by Olivia Rae James.

So, I must look to the bright side. Things to consider:

A renewed focus on health - my health - the kid's health; the need to eat good stuff made from real ingredients. Wholesome and nurturing fruit and vegetables. Even the juicer has made an appearance.

photograph by olivia rae james

The weekend I spent looking after my blonde-haired, blue-eyed nephew went well; he seemed to like it!

A summer (!) ball coming up on Friday with a vintage theme; I'm thinking 1940s elegant.

Attempting to get through this last week of school without getting too sentimental about moving on.

Seeing the good in change. A friend tried to convince me...it's a good and necessary thing!


photograph by olivia rae james

Three weeks in the sun IS coming my way...thank goodness. Everything leads to that time!

Everyone, without exception, likes the L'Apothecary 'British Blend'; it was my wild-card entry to the product range, but it has turned out to be a little star!


photograph by olivia rae james
Share on :
Summer envy...
Summer envy...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5