Roll on...

A week of missing the signs. I confess I have succumbed to a sucker punch; I recently wrote this and in self-satisfaction remarked how I had learned that my response to stress is to slow down, take stock. Yet a few short weeks pass and I find myself positively swimming in stress, angst and worry, in fact aching with it (the pain is back). And instead of recognising the unwelcome visitor and sending him away, I invited him in. Foolish girl that I am.


So here we are...I have let everything build up and I feel this simmering frustration that I have allowed myself to get here again. This is a deja vu summer. Hmmm, do we really live and learn?

I conclude that this school term is always the busiest, and this year it is on steroids as I prepare for both of my children to leave their current school. Laden with poignancy as if their very childhood will come to an abrupt end on July 13th, I have to stop and remind myself that, of course, it won't. And in amongst that, the small matter of a corporate job and a new business to run. No wonder really. When the routine of the school term ceases, I can hardly imagine the free-fall of the holidays. No school run, no events, no assemblies, no plays, no sports fixtures. I recognise that I am assigning disproportionate importance to things, allowing sentimentality and emotion to blur the real picture.

via pink o'clock
I find though, that during times of sentimentality and angst, the ones that come to my rescue are in fact the school mums. They are a breed in their own right; wise, caring, vital women who soothe and provoke action at the same time. They are the equivalent of a warm bath followed by a cold shower, they leave me with a feeling of newness when they swoop in and fix the problem. There is something so comforting in knowing they have my back!

And so I re-group again. Regular readers: do you spot a theme? Get busy, get stressed, slow down; lather, rinse, repeat!

I do wonder sometimes, now this blog is matched with L'Apothecary, whether I should still pour my heart out, or whether I should be full of beauty and business insight; writing of the wonder of entrepreneurism? I conclude, the blog existed long before the business and it must be written with truth and integrity. So this is the truth. For me, as I step through these coming weeks, it will be sleep, good food, coffee with the school mums, cuddles with the Boos, reading books and deep breaths that will get me through to the summer holidays. Roll on, roll on... ;-)





Share on :
Roll on...
Roll on...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5