Things of beauty...

Woooahh...emotional overload! These past weeks have been swollen with sentimentality. The lead-up to the end of my childrens' school term was potent with heavy-hearted thoughts of how their childhood is seeping away. I was acutely aware that it was one of those times that I will look back on and wonder why I got quite so sad, given that life is meant to work this way. We are all meant to move on, start fresh, better ourselves, take the challenge.

And so here we are; 'tis done and already I am feeling more steady as the summer holidays stretch out ahead of us. I am going to use the time to mull some stuff over. Then later in August, when on holiday with our good buddies, I am going to use the sun lounger time to de-brief, unload, get rid of all of these worries that have been chasing me. Ready to start September with a clean slate. That's the plan anyway!

I guess the lesson is that life does this; forces change so that we will react. No matter how many of my years advance (mantra: I am still not 40, I am still not 40!) I am surprised by my lack of skills in handling change. You'd think I'd be better at it by now.

This week is decompression time; sleeping in and late lunches. Countryside walks. We might even brave the beach in all its rainy, windy glory. I will try not to curse the British weather every day, although to call it a preoccupation would be an understatement.

Lovely L'Apothecary continues a pace; it really is like watching a child grow. We have to take a planning hiatus over the summer but come Autumn, we will be ready to focus on the next stage. It's all about packaging and retail and brand essence!! Here we come...

Ohh Olivia P...via online stylist

...books are all...






via one wed

looks so enticing....but only if it stops every now and then....via dust jacket attic






via cabbages and roses

...oh, I so want to holiday in somewhere like Nantucket...

via cape cod collegiate

via dust jacket attic

via canelle et vanille


I will be dropping in when I can...
take the very best care!
Lou xxx
Share on :
Things of beauty...
Things of beauty...
Reviewed by axiata
Published :
Rating : 4.5